Monday, September 11, 2017

2017 09-10 San Diego

This morning I said good bye to Leandro, a very special person who I met here at the San Diego Point Loma Hostel.  Leandro is from Brazil and is traveling around the USA.  I will miss my conversations with him and thank him for making the start of my journey a pleasant and enlightening one.  Good luck Leandron on the rest of your travels.

Tonight will be the first official meeting of the Adventure Cycling Southern Tier bike ride.  Not wanting to waste the day, Tom, Chris, Patrick and Joe decided to take a short ride to the beaches of San Diego.   Our short ride was almost 30 miles long and what a great ride it turned out to be.  The clear blue skies and pleasant ocean breeze made taking in the marvelous views of the ocean especially pleasant.  We stopped and had lunch at The Board and Brew sandwich shop and enjoyed a great sandwich.  The place was popular and the food good.  After lunch, we continued north along the Ocean for several more miles before turning around to return to the hostel, enjoying the ocean views from a new perspective.

At seven this evening the 13 people who will become family for the next 65 days meet for the usual Adventuring Cycling orientation meeting, where the leader, Ken Exum discussed all the rules and requirements, and talked about what we could expect along our journey. 

2 comments:

  1. Great start to your journey and blog. The map showed up but I could not view any pictures...that I am sure you took.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. Can't tell you how much I wish I was sharing it with you! Try it now, the link should work.

      Delete