Friday, November 10, 2017

2017 11-10 Crawfordville to Cross City (98.3 miles)

My name is Joe and I have written from my point of view about the experiences and daily life of riding the Adventure Cycling Southern Tier Route with a group of fellow cyclists, and shared my images from as well as maps of each day’s ride.  I have enjoyed sharing this experience, not only in real time with the other members of the riding group, but also with all of you who have experienced and hopefully enjoyed our travels from the comfort of your computer room or easy chair.

Last night I made a decision to ride the remainder of the trip solo in three days, instead of the five days scheduled by the group.   Therefore all that is left is ‘me’.  My intend is to finish with two almost one hundred mile days and a third thirty-two mile day, which will end at the Hertz car rental office, where I will rent a car and start my drive home.  I am anxious to get home and should do so by the 14th of November.  Since most of my ‘experiences’ in the next two days will be in getting in the miles in order to finish, there will probably be no more written posts to this blog, except for maps and an occasional picture to complete the record of my trip.  There will certainly be no way to report what is happening to ‘the group’.  I have enjoyed authoring this blog and hope you have enjoyed following the progress of the 2017 Southern Tier adventure.


3 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure to ride with you , challenge each other on those feel good days and encourage each other on those most difficult days....God Speed ....Cookie Monster!
    Ciao, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, your decision does not surprise me. Good luck and have a save return home. You are welcome to stay here on your drive home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the offer. we'll see how the car trip goes as i may be in express mode :}} Drive through and take cat naps here and there

      Delete